Clifford N. Carlsen collection,, circa 1965-2003 PDF
- Carlsen, Clifford N.
- Clifford N. Carlsen collection,
- .9 cubic feet : (2 document cases)
- Collection Number
- Accession 25845
- Papers of Clifford N. Carlsen, Jr., from the law firm of Miller Nash, et. al. departmental files. Includes files on civil rights and Rajneesh-related litigation.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is unprocessed. For information contact the Oregon Historical Society Research Library at email@example.com or 503-306-5240.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Papers of Clifford N. Carlsen, Jr., from the law firm of Miller Nash, et. al. departmental files. Box 1: Personal Mississippi correspondence and papers, circa 1965-1998; materials relating to Clifford N. Carlsen's legal work in Mississippi in 1965 as staff director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a volunteer group of attorneys formed in 1963 to defend civil rights cases and combat segregation in the legal system. Box 2: Wasco County voter registration hearings papers and records, circa 1984-2003; materials relating to the 1984 Rajneesh voter controversy in Wasco County, Or. Documents include legal records, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and notes. Materials also include photographs of Clifford N. Carlsen, Jr., meeting with Rajneesh lawyers and transcripts of a tape of a meeting about the controversy held on 8/14/1995 and attended by Carlsen, Norma Paulus, Judge Edward Leavy, and Greg McMurdo. Cassette tapes and a videotape of this meeting are included with the documents.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Rajneeshees -- Oregon.
- Wasco County (Or.) -- History.
- Corporate Names :
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
- Family Names :
- Carlsen, Clifford N. -- Archives.
- Paulus, Norma.
- Geographical Names :
- Rajneeshpuram (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Audiocassettes. -- aat
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat
- Photographs. -- aat
- Videotapes. -- aat