Kraemer family papers, 1897-1939 PDF
- Kraemer, Otto Julius
- Kraemer family papers
- 1897-1939 (inclusive)18971939
- 0.75 linear feet, (3 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 161
- The Kraemer family of Oregon and California includes Otto J. Kraemer, Julius Kraemer, and Julius' children. The collection (1897-1939) consists of material regarding the Kraemer family, Jews in Oregon, and political matters, and material includes correspondence and addresses by members of the Kraemer family, and letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1897-1939) consists of material regarding the Kraemer family, Jews in Oregon, and political matters, and material includes correspondence and addresses by members of the Kraemer family, and letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain.
Correspondence consists of three letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain (1913-1914) to Otto J. Kraemer, and six letters from Julius Kraemer to his children.
Also included in the collection are addresses of Otto J. Kraemer to various organizations, including B'nai B'rith of Portland and the Portland Zionist Society.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Kraemer family papers, A 161, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Kraemer, Otto Julius
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon--Politics and government--1859-1950
- Form or Genre Terms :