Rebecca Israel oral history interview, 1972 PDF
- Israel, Rebecca
- Rebecca Israel oral history interview
- 1972 (inclusive)19721972
- 1 sound cassette (15 minutes); Summary transcript: 1 page
- Collection Number
- 2058 (Accession No. 2058-001)
- Member of the Sephardic Jewish community, first Sephardic woman to be married in Seattle
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections.
- English, Ladino
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Mrs. Israel came to Seattle to be married in 1907 and was the first Sephardic woman to be married here. She came with three other women, Luna Calvo, Esther Levy, and Calo Policar. She lived with Rabbi Gens' family until her marriage, which took place a few days after her arrival.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Tape recorded interview conducted by Fannie Roberts.
The interview is in Ladino. Roberts provides a summary in English at the end of the interview.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Forms part of the Washington State Jewish Archives.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Listen to the audio recording (Ladino) and view the summary (English) of this interview on the Libraries Digital Collections site.
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Sephardim--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Sephardim--Washington (State)--Seattle--Interviews
- Personal Names :
- Israel, Rebecca--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Jewish Archives (University of Washington)