UW Ethnomusicology Archives concert recordings: Eurasian Ensemble, 1990-02-02 PDF
- Suanda, Endo; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives concert recordings: Eurasian Ensemble
- 1 videotapes : 1 Video8 (8 mm, color, TDK MP-90)
- Collection Number
- Concert recorded at the University of Washington's Brechemin Auditorium, on 1990 February 2. Collected by the university's Ethnomusicology Archives.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives has been collecting and curating unique ethnographic music recordings for over 50 years. Its holdings of more than 15,000 items include field recordings documenting music traditions of all kinds from most areas of the world, concert recordings of visiting musicians, and films and videos of a variety of musical events, as well as several hundred musical instruments. The Archives serves the students and faculty in the UW Ethnomusicology Program, the broader university community, Pacific Northwest tribes, and an international clientele of musicians, students, and teachers.
Archival recordings are available for on-site listening. Depending on collection deposit agreements, copies of some materials may be obtained by researchers. Students are particularly encouraged to utilize archival materials to assist with class projects and help prepare for their own field work. The Archives employs several students each year and works informally with most ethnomusicology students as they begin to consider recording format options, equipment purchase, the practical problems of documentation in the field, and other issues related to their research. Students and other researchers are invited to deposit their field collections in the Archives, which offers secure storage and computer catalog access to all materials.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Video recording by Endo Suanda on Sony CCD-V220 (with built-in stereo mic).
Performers: Eurasian Ensemble: Robert Labaree/ceng; Feridun Ozgoren/tanbur; Frederick Stubbs/ney.
Contents: court and ceremonial music; for complete list of contents see log sheets for collection 90-2 (audio recording of same performance).
Documentation: Flyer and program notes.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Turks--Middle East--Middle East
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- Middle East--Middle East--General Middle East
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Labaree, Robert R. (performer)
- Ozgoren, Feridun H. (performer)
- Stubbs, Frederick (performer)
- Corporate Names :
- EurAsian Ensemble (performer)