Miscellaneous Subject Files, circa 1874-1978 PDF
- University of Oregon. Libraries. Special Collections & University Archives
- Miscellaneous Subject Files
- circa 1874-1978 (inclusive)18741978
- 61.25 linear feet, (94 containers)
- Collection Number
- Coll 240
- The collection contains ephemeral materials such as brochures, flyers, greeting cards, catalogs, and promotional or advertisement cards. The collection was formed by a former curator of Special Collections at the University of Oregon as a way to handle single items that were not a part of a larger collection.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Ephemeral publications are produced as single-use items, such as tickets, brochures, catalogs, menus, receipts, and greeting cards. They are often useful to the researcher as evidence of social and economic life in earlier times.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection is an artificial, or intentional, collection created by gathering together examples of ephemera that had been acquired over the span of several years by staff in Special Collections. The collection includes advertisement cards; greeting cards; book catalogs; product catalogs; autograph books; and small publications relating to Communism, Socialism, Marxism, music and art, and other social topics.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Miscellaneous Subject Files|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Advertising cards
- Greeting cards