Taylor Family papers, 1853-1862 PDF
- Taylor family
- Taylor Family papers
- 1853-1862 (inclusive)18531862
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- A 121
- The Taylor family papers include a journal of an overland trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853 by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D. H. Taylor on military service against Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Taylor family journeyed overland from Illinois to Oregon in 1853. The Taylor family resided in Phoenix, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection consists of typed copies of a journal of a trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853, by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D.H. Taylor on military service against the Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor, Merriam, Phelps, Court, and related families.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Taylor Family Papers, A 121, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
papersReturn to Top
Includes genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Indians of North America--Wars--1862-1865--Personal narratives
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Soldiers--West (U.S.)--Diaries
- Personal Names :
- Taylor, D. H.--Diaries
- Taylor, Rachel--Diaries
- Family Names :
- Court family
- Merriam family
- Phelps family
- Taylor family
- Geographical Names :
- Phoenix (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Overland journals