Harry Albert Herzog architectural plans, specifications, and photographs, 1939-1959 PDF
- Herzog, Harry Albert, 1893-
- Harry Albert Herzog architectural plans, specifications, and photographs
- 1939-1959 (inclusive)19391959
- 4.5 linear feet, (14 containers)
1.6 unprocessed linear feet, (1 container) : 1 (18.5 x 14.5") flat box
- Collection Number
- Ax 599
- Harry A. Herzog (1893-) was an architect in practice in Portland, Oregon, in the firm of Bennes & Herzog. Collection comprises architectural tracings, renderings, specifications and photographs for 27 commercial and residential architecture projects in the Portland, Oregon area by American architect Harry Albert Herzog.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Herman Albert Herzog, known as Harry, was born in Tyler, Texas in 1893. He was educated at the University of Pennsylvania. Herzog entered partnership with John Virginius Bennes and practiced in Portland as Bennes & Herzog. The firm's Hollywood Theatre (1926) on Sandy Boulevard, and the John Bexell house in Corvallis (1925), are on the National Register. Other extant buildings include Astoria's Liberty Theatre (1925), Jeanne Manor in Portland (1931). The firm consulted with Herman Brookman on the Temple Beth Israel in Portland (1927).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection comprises architectural tracings, renderings, specifications and photographs for 27 commercial and residential architecture projects in the Portland, Oregon area by American architect Harry Albert Herzog. The photographs consist of 24 images or renderings of buildings designed by Herzog in Portland or for the campus of Oregon Statue University in Corvallis. One view includes a background shot of the "Coon Chicken Inn" in Portland.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Architecture--Oregon--Portland--Designs and plans
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Architectural drawings
- Architectural records