Preliminary Guide to the Omicron Delta Kappa records, 1911-1987 PDF
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Preliminary Guide to the Omicron Delta Kappa records
- 1911-1987 (inclusive)19111987
- 1 linear feet, (1 box.)
- Collection Number
- Records of the Crimson Circle at Washington State University (Omicron Delta Kappa). Includes minutes, membership records, historical sketches, correspondence, and newspaper clippings.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains records of the Washington State University chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, also known as the Crimson Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa, beginning with the founding of the Crimson Circle itself in 1912. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, membership information, organization historical records, and a book of newspaper clippings regarding the organization.
Minute book (1959-1963).
General correspondence, including member list of 1967 (bound volume, 1967-1971).
General correspondence, incoming and outgoing (bound volume, March 1911-June 1967).
Crimson Circle History (bound volume, 1937).
Folder of chapter history and membership lists (1913-1950).
Membership book: initiation, tapping, and banquet (1950-1955).
Petition for admission to Omicron Delta Kappa, 2 copies (1959).
Minute book (1932-1947).
Minute and membership book (1919-1928).
Crimson Circle scrapbook of Evergreen newspaper clippings, beginning with reorganization in 1931 (1931-1936).
Box of Omicron Delta Kappa pins (7 items).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Crimson Circle at WSU was chartered on March 5, 1912 as a society of students recognizing achievement in the fields of sports, student government, publications, and academics, among others. The Crimson Circle of WSU was abolished on the recommendation of President Holland in 1929 following breaches of conduct and the academic suspension of several members. However, the organization was soon reformed with a new Constitution and a new founding class on February 9, 1931. The Crimson Circle petitioned for membership in Omicron Delta Kappa in 1959.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Greek letter societies--Washington (State)--Pullman--Records and correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State University--History--Sources.
- Washington State University--Students.