Lakeridge Lutheran Church, Seattle, Washington, Records, 1946-2012 PDF
- Lakeridge Lutheran Church (Seattle, Wash.)
- Lakeridge Lutheran Church, Seattle, Washington, Records
- 1946-2012 (inclusive)19462012
- 1 file
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA7a5_379 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Lakeridge Lutheran Church in Seattle, Washington.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In the summer of 1944, the Allied forces landed on the beaches of Normandy and Pastor O. R. Kleppe moved into the Lakeridge area to do battle with zoning regulations, objecting neighbors, and mud. In due time a congregation was organized and land was purchased, and ground was broken for a sanctuary in January 1945. The cornerstone of the church was laid in October of 1946, and the building was formally dedicated on June 20, 1948. The congregation grew rapidly, and on June 19, 1955, ground was broken for an addition that would double the size of the physical plant. By the fall of 1959 the congregation had grown to 440 members, and the new facilities were being utilized.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder contains a congregational historical record, a 25th anniversary pamphlet, an informational pamphlet from the church, a congregational statistical record, a congregational directory form, parochial reports for 1963-64, a letter to the church.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Lakeridge Lutheran Church Records, OPVELCA7a5_379, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Lutherans--Washington (State)--History
- Personal Names :
- Olson, C. G., 1952-1967
- Braafladt, Paul, 1967-1971
- Brandt, E. F., 1951
- Coates, Gordon E., 1971-?
- Helland, O. C., 1951-1952
- Kleppe, O. R., 1946-1951
- Kramer, Scott A.
- Tunseth, E. L., 1951
- Corporate Names :
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--History
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--Northwest Washington Synod
- Geographical Names :
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Occupations :