UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Allyn Miner recordings: Allyn Miner, Sitar, 1992 PDF
- Kane, Shyam; Miner, Allyn
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Allyn Miner recordings: Allyn Miner, Sitar
- 1 audiotapes : EC - 1 audio cassette (Type II, Dolby B); Duration: 00:48:00
- Collection Number
- Cassette published by Allyn Miner, c1992.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Pandit Shyam Kane (1954-), from Mumbai, Maharashtra, is a Tabla player of the Punjab Gharana.
Allyn Miner is a concert performer on the North Indian sitar. She also performs Irish traditional music on the violin and concertina in the Philadelphia area. She is a lecturer in the Department of South Asia Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. Her research and publications relate to the history of the sitar, the social history of music in South Asia, and Sanskrit, Hindi, and Urdu musicological literature. Allyn received a B.A. in South Asia Studies from the University of Wisconsin and a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994. She has had visiting faculty positions at Temple University, the University of Washington, NYU, and UCLA.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Performers: Allyn Miner/sitar; Shyam Kane/tabla.
Contents: Ahir Bhairav (Ahira Bhairav); Bhimpalasi; Desh.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Classical Music, Hindustani
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- North India