Steak and Chop Club Records, 1938-1971 PDF
- Steak and Chop Club (Corvallis, Or.)
- Steak and Chop Club Records
- 1938-1971 (inclusive)19381971
- 0.21 cubic ft.
1 microfilm reel
- Collection Number
- Consult repository.
- The Steak and Chop Club Records document the activities of this social club, established in 1938 by several Extension Service staff members.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The club was founded in 1938 by several staff members of the Oregon State University Federal Cooperative Extension Service for the purpose of gastronomy and good fellowship, and was loosely based upon similar clubs that existed in the 18th century. The first officers were H. A. Lindgren, "Top Sirloin" (president), and E. R. Jackman, "Little Chop" (scribe).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Records pertain to the activities of the Steak and Chop Club, particularily meetings held at different locations throughout the state. Meeting minutes/reports are incomplete. Correspondence is primarily among the club's officers and to/from guests invited to the club's meetings.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Steak and Chop Club Records, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Names :
- Lindgren, H. A.(Harry Arthur), 1888-
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University. Cooperative Extension Service.
- Oregon State College. Federal Cooperative Extension Service.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Ballard, Frank Llewellyn (creator)
- Lindgren, H. A.(Harry Arthur), 1888- (creator)
- Mote, Don C (creator)
- Smith, Clifford L.(Clifford Lovejoy),1907- (creator)
- Teutsch, William L. (creator)