Ter Ellingson concert recording: T. Viswanathan (flute, voice), 1987-02-07 PDF
- Ellingson, Ter
- Ter Ellingson concert recording: T. Viswanathan (flute, voice)
- 1 videotapes : OT - 1 vct (video recording) (8mm, color)
- Collection Number
- Concert featuring music from South India, recorded at the University of Washington, Music Auditorium, 2/7/87; co-sponsored by the UW Ethnomusicology Division and Ragamala.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ter Ellingson is Professor of Music and Adjunct Professor of Comparative Religion and South Asian Studies at the University of Washington. He holds an M.A., Religion, from the University of Chicago and a Ph.D., Anthropology/Buddhist Studies, from the University of Wisconsin. Ellingson's areas of specialization include Tibet, Nepal, Buddhist Cultures; Ritual, Symbolism, History, Notation/Transcription, Visual Media.
See https://music.washington.edu/people/ter-ellingson for more information.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded by Ter Ellingson.
Performers: T. Viswanathan/flute, voice; Trichy Sankaran/mrdangam; Peter Weismiller/sruti box; Prabha Rustagi/tanpura.
Note re: recording quality - some dropouts.
For contents and other information see catalog entry and documentation file for AW1 South India/87-3.1-5.
Documentation: See documentation file for AW1 South India/87-3.1-5.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Folk music--India
- Vocal Music--India
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- Seattle (Wash.)
- South India
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Sankaran, Trichy S. (performer)
- Viswanathan, T. (performer)
- Corporate Names :
- Ragamala (sponsor)