KUOW Radio 2nd Annual Global Music Festival recordings, 1982-04-09 PDF
- KUOW (Radio station : Seattle, Wash.)
- KUOW Radio 2nd Annual Global Music Festival recordings
- 9 audiotapes : OT - 3 reels; WT - 6 reels (7 1/2 ips, 1/2 tr. stereo, 10"); Duration: 3:39:20
- Collection Number
- Performances at the KUOW Radio 2nd Annual Global Music Festival, recorded at the University of Washington, Kane Hall 210, 4/9/82.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
KUOW serves communities in the Puget Sound region, Western Washington and Southern British Columbia. The station is operated by KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio (PSPR) under an agreement with the University of Washington, KUOW's licensee. PSPR was established in 1999 and is a private, non–profit corporation governed by a community board.
KUOW is a founding member of NPR; an affiliate of Public Radio International (PRI), American Public Media (APM), Public Radio Exchange (PRX), and the Northwest News Network (N3); and a member of the Associated Press (AP).
The mission of KUOW is to create and serve an informed public, one challenged and invigorated by an understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures.
For more information, see: http://kuow.org/
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Performers: Izvor Balkan Orchestra, Classical Chinese Ensemble, Dumi and the Spirit of Mbira, Almandina, Rolling Bay Fiddlers, Hank Bradley, Jubilation.
Performers introduced by Daniel Neuman.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Classical Music--China
- Fiddle tunes
- Fiddle tunes--United States
- Folk music festivals
- Folk music--Balkan Peninsula
- Mbira music
- Music festivals
- Music festivals--United States
- Geographical Names :
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound Recordings