- Brighton Ski Resort photograph collection
- 1920-1985 (inclusive)19201985
- 165 photographs : 34 color and black and white photographs of various sizes; 102 scans of color and black and white photographs; 10 scans of lift tickets; and scans of 19 pamphlets.
- Collection Number
- The Brighton Ski Resort photograph collection contains photographs of facilities and skiing at Brighton ski area, postcards and an album containing images of recreational activities in Brighton and of the Balsam Hotel (circa 1910).
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection reflects Brighton as it was in the mid-1900s. Photographs were donated by the National Forest Service. K. Smith operated the first ski tow in Brighton beginning in 1939. K. sold the tow to Zane Doyle in 1943 while K. was serving in the armed forces. Zane Doyle's family owned and operated Brighton until it was sold to Boyne Corporation in 1987.
The addendum consists entirely of scans and Kodak thermal prints. Brighton Ski Resort lent original photographs to the University of Utah for scanning and copying. Brighton retains the originals. Folders three and four contain inverted scans of negatives and photographs ranging in subject matter from images of historic Brighton to skiing in the 1990s. Folder five contains scans of past Brighton lift tickets, and folder six contains scans of pamphlets produced by Brighton from 1975-1992. A time-line history provided by Brighton Ski Resort is included in the addendum.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Collection is arranged topically and contains one large addendum.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Brighton Ski ResortReturn to Top
Various Brighton Ski Resort photographs
Postcards of Brighton in winter
Scanned Negatives (600 ppi)-Addendum
Scanned Framed Photographs-Addendum
Scanned Brighton Lift Tickets-Addendum
Scanned Brighton Pamphlets
Scanned Photographs of Brighton-Addendum II
OversizeReturn to Top
Barns, photo album, and a pieced map
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Skis and skiing--Utah--History--Photographs
- Balsam Hotel (Brighton, Utah)--Photographs
- Brighton (Utah)--Photographs
Form or Genre Terms
- Photograph albums
- Photographic prints--1910-1959