UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Chinese Culture Foundation (The Elegant Sounds of Silk & Bamboo), 1976 PDF
- Chinese Culture Foundation
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Chinese Culture Foundation (The Elegant Sounds of Silk & Bamboo)
- 1 items : EC - 1 vct (VHS, sp, color) (3M-T-120); WD - 2 DVDs; Duration: 00:28:38
- Collection Number
- Archives copy dubbed from U-matic copy (Scotch UCA 30) in East Asia Resource Center (Jackson Sschool) at the University of Washington; originally produced by KQED, Channel 9, San Francisco.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
The Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco is a non-profit organization established in 1965 to preserve, promote, and influence the course of Chinese and Chinese American culture through history and art exhibitions. In the present day, it is known for its social justice education initiatives created by the Him Mark Lai Learning Center.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Produced by the Chinese-American Ethnic Heritage Studies Project of the Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco and KQED TV, Channel 9, San Francisco.
Performers: host - Genevieve Lim; musicians - Lui Pui-Yuen, Lawrence P.L. Lui, Alan Chen, Siu Yam Lau, Yew Chung Lee, Winston Wu.
"A KQED Open Studio Production" (all notes information taken from credits as seen on the video)
VHS copy digitized and DVD produced 10/2006 (19 chapter marks added) (total duration=28:38); image file (91-10_img) created from .dv file 2/2012.
VHS copy digitized again 10/2012 and second DVD produced (11 track marks, added at start of each performance or demonstration) (total duration=29:22); image file (91-10.1.img) created.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- China--Asia--East Asia
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings