- G. Heitkemper Company (Portland, Or.); Heitkemper, Gerhard; Heitkemper, Frank
- G. Heitkemper Company records
- 1874-1924 (inclusive)18741924
- 4 linear feet, (4 containers) : 2 record storage boxes, 2 flat boxes
- Collection Number
- Bx 195
- The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham incorporated the G. Heitkemper Co., wholesale and retail jewelers, in Portland, Oregon on Feburary 15, 1896. The firm was dissolved December 15, 1909, and immediately reformed as a partnership by Gerhard and Frank A. Heitkemper. Before coming to Oregon, Gerhard Heitkemper operated jewelry stores in Ohio and Iowa.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records include fourteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the G. Heitkemper Company Records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Business enterprises--Oregon--Portland
- Jewelry stores--Oregon--Portland
- Jewelry trade--Oregon--Portland
- Heitkemper, Frank
- Heitkemper, Gerhard
Form or Genre Terms
- Financial records
- Ledgers (account books)