Robbie McClaran photographs, 1983-1998 PDF
- McClaran, Robbie
- Robbie McClaran photographs
- 1983-1998 (inclusive)19831998
- 7.75 linear feet, (4 flat boxes; 5 oversize folders)
- Collection Number
- Robbie McClaran is a noted American documentary and fine art photographer. The collection includes materials from McClaran's exhibit, "Angry White Men," with text panels and prints. "Angry White Men" assembles documentary images of the radical right between 1983-1996, including portraits and images of Republican politicians, Klan activists, Right to Life activists, militias, survivalists, the remnants of David Koresh's compound at Waco, and a portrait of terrorist Timothy McVeigh.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Robbie McClaran is a noted American documentary and fine art photographer based in Portland, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Robbie McClaran photographs primarily include photographic prints and text panels on acetate from the exhibition and portfolio by Robbie McClaran titled "Angry White Men." Working primarily from pictorial assignments, McClaran has photographed many of the United States' most vigilant citizens and politicians of the religious right of recent years, such as Pat Buchanan and Jerry Falwell, and some of the most infamous conspirators of the last decade, including the late Timothy McVeigh. The collection also includes a copy of the book "Angry White Men," an inventory of the portfolio, slides depicting the installed exhibition, and a portrait of McClaran. Many prints are matted.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Robbie McClaran photographs, PH311_[item number], Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Conservatives--United States
- Men, White
- Religious right
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Exhibition catalogs