John T. P. Fletcher Ledger, 1905-1909 PDF
- Fletcher, John T. P. (John Townsend P.), 1833-1911
- John T. P. Fletcher Ledger
- 1 volume
- Collection Number
- Collection 2522, MtBC, us (collection)
- The John T. P. Fletcher Ledger consists of a few pages of financial entries which document his transactions with "Rogers and Mortensen," "Condra and Waite," and the income Fletcher realized through the sale of butter and eggs.
- Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
John T. P. Fletcher was born in New York on February 24, 1833. He lived in Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado before coming to Bannack, Montana Territory in 1863. Fletcher had worked a variety of jobs prior to his arrival in Bannack including stints as a bricklayer, farmer, and freighter. Once in Montana, Fletcher first tried his hand at mining, and by 1868 he began to work a claim on Norwegian Creek near Pony, Madison County. He added to his holdings over the years and abandoned mining by 1885 to engage in farming and stock raising. Fletcher died on June 11, 1911.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The John T. P. Fletcher ledger consists of a few pages of financial entries which document his transactions with "Rogers and Mortensen," "Condra and Waite," and the income Fletcher realized through the sale of butter and eggs.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Farmers-Montana-Madison County
- Corporate Names :
- Condra and Waite
- Rogers and Mortensen
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Ledgers (account books)-Montana-Madison County