Ann Barron manuscript, 1967 PDF
- Barron, Ann Forman, 1917-1998
- Ann Barron manuscript
- 1967 (inclusive)19671967
- 0.05 linear feet, (2 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 216
- Ann Barron was a client of the Lenniger Literary Agency and a writer whose manuscript, "Sleep, Sable Brother," was published in 1969 by Gold Medal Books under the title Strange Legacy. The collection (1967) contains the final manuscript for "Sleep, Sable Brother," and one publisher's rejection letter.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1967) contains the final manuscript for "Sleep, Sable Brother," and one publisher's rejection letter.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Ann Barron manuscript, A 216, Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1 (shares a clamshell box)||1||Star Weekly Magazine letter||1967|
|1 (shares a clamshell box)||1-2||Sleep, Sable Brother||1967|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- American fiction--20th century--Authorship
- Authors and publishers--Correspondence
- Authors, American--20th century--Manuscripts
- Women authors, American--20th century--Manuscripts
- Personal Names :
- Barron, Ann Forman, 1917-1998--Manuscripts
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication