Collection is open for research.
The Associated Women Students was established at Oregon State in 1924 with the purpose of furthering the educational, social, and cultural aims of women; all women students, alumni, and faculty were members. The organization served as an umbrella organization for all women's living groups, honorary societies, and clubs on campus and sponsored a variety of activities. The Dean of Women served as an advisor and administrative liaison with the organization. The Associated Women Students became inactive in June 1970.
The Associated Women Students Scrapbook documents activities and programs for women at Oregon State University and includes clippings, programs, flyers, ephemera, and photographs. Several clippings pertain to an evaluation of the purpose and effectiveness of the organization. The scrapbook includes announcements or programs for the Coed Congress, the Women's Honor Assembly, a planning retreat, and the regional Associated Women Students conference. Many of the clippings are of the As Women Say column written by officers of the organization and published in the Barometer campus newspaper. Several clippings report on the appointment of Jo Ann Johnson (Trow) as Dean of Women; one of the photographs depicts Johnson. The scrapbook also includes flyers for a wig workshop and the annual Paw Paw Pick.
Associated Women Students Scrapbook, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.