Associated Women Students Scrapbook, 1966-1967 PDF
- Oregon State University. Associated Women Students.
- Associated Women Students Scrapbook
- 1966-1967 (inclusive)19661967
- 0.15 cubic foot, including 3 photographs, (1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS AWS
- The Associated Women Students Scrapbook documents activities and programs for women at Oregon State University and includes clippings, programs, flyers, and photographs.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Associated Women Students was established at Oregon State in 1924 with the purpose of furthering the educational, social, and cultural aims of women; all women students, alumni, and faculty were members. The organization served as an umbrella organization for all women's living groups, honorary societies, and clubs on campus and sponsored a variety of activities. The Dean of Women served as an advisor and administrative liaison with the organization. The Associated Women Students became inactive in June 1970.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Associated Women Students Scrapbook documents activities and programs for women at Oregon State University and includes clippings, programs, flyers, ephemera, and photographs. Several clippings pertain to an evaluation of the purpose and effectiveness of the organization. The scrapbook includes announcements or programs for the Coed Congress, the Women's Honor Assembly, a planning retreat, and the regional Associated Women Students conference. Many of the clippings are of the As Women Say column written by officers of the organization and published in the Barometer campus newspaper. Several clippings report on the appointment of Jo Ann Johnson (Trow) as Dean of Women; one of the photographs depicts Johnson. The scrapbook also includes flyers for a wig workshop and the annual Paw Paw Pick.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Associated Women Students Scrapbook, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Deans of women--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Women--Education (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Women--Oregon--Corvallis--Societies and clubs.
- Personal Names :
- Trow, Jo Anne J.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.