• Share:
  • Download/Print:
  • PDF
Search

Oregon State University Bands Motion Picture Films and Videotapes, circa 1971-1991

Overview of the Collection

Creator
Oregon State University. Dept. of Music.
Title
Oregon State University Bands Motion Picture Films and Videotapes
Dates
circa 1971-1991 (inclusive)
Quantity
0.75 cubic foot, including 2 films and 18 videotapes, (1 box)
Collection Number
FV P 104
Summary
The Oregon State University Bands Motion Picture Films and Videotapes include recordings of OSU Marching Band shows from the early 1970s through late 1980s.
Repository
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections & Archives Research Center
Special Collections & Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
Corvallis OR
97331-4501
Telephone: 541-737-2075
Fax: 541-737-8674
scarc@oregonstate.edu
Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Additional Reference Guides

Preliminary container list available online.

Languages
English

Find Related CollectionsReturn to Top


Historical NoteReturn to Top

A cadet band formed at Oregon Agricultural College (now OSU) in 1891. The OSU Marching Band was eliminated for several years in the early 1990s due to budget cuts. James Douglass served as Director of Bands from 1969 until his retirement in 1999.

Content DescriptionReturn to Top

The Oregon State University Bands Motion Picture Films and Videotapes consist of recordings of OSU Marching Band shows at OSU football games and a 1979 Oakland Raider football game as well as a 1991 interview with James Douglass about the elimination of the marching band. The videotapes include VHS videocassetes and 1/2" open reel-to-reel videotape; the films are 16 mm color.

Use of the CollectionReturn to Top

Preferred Citation

Oregon State University Bands Motion Picture Films and Videotapes (FV P 104), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.

Administrative InformationReturn to Top