Elisha L. Applegate scrapbook, 1880-1890 PDF
- Applegate, Elisha L., (Elisha Lindsay), 1832-1896
- Elisha L. Applegate scrapbook
- 1880-1890 (inclusive)18801890
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 volume)
- Collection Number
- CA Ap52
- Elisha L. Applegate (1832-1896) was the brother of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail. Collection contains one scrapbook of biographical sketches, obituaries, addresses, and other clippings relating to Jacksonville and Ashland, Oregon.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Elisha L. Applegate was born in 1832 in St. Clair County, Missouri. He died in 1896 in Ashland, Oregon. He was the brother of Jesse Applegate, who helped establish the Applegate Trail.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains one scrapbook of biographical sketches, obituaries, addresses, and other clippings relating to Jacksonville and Ashland, Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Elisha L. Applegate scrapbook, CA Ap52, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Geographical Names :
- Ashland (Or.)--History
- Jacksonville (Or.)--History
- Form or Genre Terms :