Zoe Ann Holmes Photographs, 1965-2008 PDF
- Holmes, Zoe Ann, 1942-
- Zoe Ann Holmes Photographs
- 1965-2008 (inclusive)19652008
- 0.2 cubic foot, including 2379 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- P 270
- The Zoe Ann Holmes Photographs consist of photographs taken by Holmes that predominantly document teaching and research activities of the Nutrition and Food Management Department as well as special events. Holmes was a faculty member in nutrition and food management from 1965 until her retirement in 2002.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Zoe Ann Holmes was Professor of Nutrition and Food Management at Oregon State University from 1974 until her retirement in 2002. Holmes earned her BS (1964) and MS (1965) degrees from Kansas State University and Ph.D. (1972) from the University of Tennessee - Knoxville. She served as an Instructor and Assistant Professor at OSU from 1965 to 1969 and as an Assistant Professor at the University of Texas from 1972 to 1974. Her research focussed on food production, processing, and preparation.
Holmes was president of the Oregon State University Faculty Senate in 1991.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Zoe Ann Holmes Photographs consist of photographs taken by Holmes that document the teaching and research activities, faculty, and students of the Nutrition and Food Management Department at Oregon State University. The images depict instructional food preparation and class projects, research in campus food laboratories, student research, seminars and symposia, an open house for the OSU Meat Laboratory, examination of food service equipment, annual association meetings, faculty retirement and birthday parties, and department picnics. Images of the Lebanon Strawberry Festival are also included.
The collection includes photographs of the following faculty and staff, in addition to Holmes: Nancy Devore, Dorothy East, Linda Evans, Margaret Fincke, Virginia Harger, Mary Kelsey, Frank Kessel, Jim Leklum, Lorraine Miller, Jean Peters, Jim Ridlington, Elaine Schrumpf, Clara Storvick, Maret Traber, Margy Woodburn, and Beryl Zondagh.
Group photographs of nutrition and foods faculty and of Triad Club members are also included.
The photographs include images of artwork in Bates Hall, Milam Hall, and the Memorial Union. Images depicting architectural details of the Women's Building and its surrounding landscape were made for use in a quilting project.
The bulk of the collection is 2250 digital images on compact discs (6 total). The collection also includes 67 b/w and color prints and 62 color negatives. The digital images were made by scanning of original prints, negatives, or slides. For the digital images, booklets with thumbnail images, filenames, and descriptive information are also included as part of the collection.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Zoe Ann Holmes Photographs (P 270), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Food service--Study and teaching--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Home economics students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Home economics--Study and teaching (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Public art--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University. College of Home Economics and Education.
- Oregon State University. College of Home Economics.
- Oregon State University. School of Home Economics.
- Oregon State University--Buildings.
- Oregon State University--Faculty.
- Oregon State University--Research.
- Oregon State University--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Compact discs.
- Digital images.
- Film negatives.
- Photographic prints.