Irmengarde Eberle papers, 1937-1973 PDF
- Eberle, Irmengarde, 1898-
- Irmengarde Eberle papers
- 1937-1973 (inclusive)19371973
- 1.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 459
- Collection comprises the papers of American children's book author Irmengarde Eberle, including literary manuscripts, correspondence and related materials for eleven books for children and young adults published from 1937 to 1973.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
American editor and author of children's books Irmengarde Eberle (1898-1979) wrote sixty-three children's and young adult books, including nature stories, biography and fiction, from 1937 to 1979..
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains various manuscripts, correspondence, and published books.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Irmengarde Eberle Papers, Ax 459, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
ManuscriptsReturn to Top
The Dog Who Came To Visit
Fawn In the Woods
Hop, Skip and Fly
Mustang On the Prairie
Night Rover, Flying Squirrels and Their Neighbors
CorrespoondenceReturn to Top
Hobart Van Deusen
Thomas Crowell Company
Published BooksReturn to Top
Benjamin Franklin (Man of Science)
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Children's literature, American--Authorship
- Nature stories, American--Authorship
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Young adult literature, American--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Eberle, Irmengarde, 1898---Correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication