Archibald McNeill Whisnant manuscripts, circa 1876-1961 PDF
- Whisnant, Arch
- Archibald McNeill Whisnant manuscripts
- circa 1876-1961 (inclusive)18761961
- 1.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 098
- Archibald McNeill Whisnant was a journalist and publicist. The manuscripts consist of speeches and reports to the Pacific Logging Congress, a few short stories, a novel of the fur trade, "The Beaver Hat," and a history of the lumber industry in the United States, "Mankind and the Forests."Archibald McNeill Whisnant was a newspaperman and publicist.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The manuscripts consist of speeches and reports to the Pacific Logging Congress, a few short stories, a novel of the fur trade, "The Beaver Hat," and a history of the lumber industry in the United States, "Mankind and the Forests."
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Archibald McNeill Whisnant (1876-1961) was a journalist and publicist who wrote extensively on the Pacific Northmest timber industry. He served as secretary of the Pacific Logging Congress.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Archibald McNeill Whisnant manuscripts, Ax 098, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Forest products industry--Northwest, Pacific
- Fur trade
- Journalists--Northwest, Pacific
- Lumber trade--Northwest, Pacific
- Personal Names :
- Whisnant, Arch
- Corporate Names :
- Pacific Logging Congress.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication