Ter Ellingson concert recording: I Wayan Sinti, 2004-06-09 PDF
- Ellingson, Ter; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- Ter Ellingson concert recording: I Wayan Sinti
- 3 items : OT - 2 vcts (mini-DV, digital, stereo); WT - 1 vct (VHS); WD - 2 DVDs (digital, stereo); Duration: 1:00:00
- Collection Number
- Concert (Antik: The Roots of Balinese Music) recorded at the University of Washington, Meany Studio Theater, 6/9/2004.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ter Ellingson is Professor of Music and Adjunct Professor of Comparative Religion and South Asian Studies at the University of Washington. He holds an M.A., Religion, from the University of Chicago and a Ph.D., Anthropology/Buddhist Studies, from the University of Wisconsin. Ellingson's areas of specialization include Tibet, Nepal, Buddhist Cultures; Ritual, Symbolism, History, Notation/Transcription, Visual Media.
See https://music.washington.edu/people/ter-ellingson for more information.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Concert title: Antik: The Roots of Balinese Music.
Performers: I Wayan Sinti, UW Visiting Artist, and the UW Gamelan Gambuh Padma Sari (student ensemble); with Cokorde Istri Nilawati, dancer.
Contents: Suling solo - Gambuh, "Bapang Sisir"; Kidung singing, "Wargasari"; "Godeg Miring"; Kidung singing, "Tantri"; Arja song (Sekar Alit), "Pupuh Sinom"; Gender Wayang, "Mrak Anglo"; Kakawin Papawosan; Balinese folk song, "Mayong, Mayong"; "Peron Condong" (listing provided by Gabe Strand).
This concert was scheduled to make up for the April 27 Visiting Artist concert, which Pak Sinti was unable to participate in due to illness.
2004-11.1 WD - DVD copy of Mini-DV recording made by Chee Hoo Lum for the Ethnomusicology Archives (duration = 1:01:09)
2004-11.2 WD - DVD copy of Mini-DV recording made by Ter Ellingson and loaned to the UW Ethnomusicology Archives for duplication (duration = 1:01:00)
Duration of mini-DV originals: Tape 1 = 53:34; Tape 2 = 7:31.
2004-11.1 WD produced 10/2008; 2004-11.2 WD produced 12/2008 (each includes the entire concert).
Documentation: Concert flyer
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1 optical media : DVD - unpublished; Tracks: 9
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Balinese--Asia--Southeast Asia
- Gamelan Gambuh
- Gamelan Music
- Gender Wayang
- Suling (Musical instrument)
- Geographical Names :
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Nilawati, Cokorde Istri (performer)
- Sinti, I Wayan (performer)
- Corporate Names :
- University of Washington. Gamelan Gambuh Padma Sari (performer)