Adam R. Shipley and Company records, 1852-1870 PDF
- Adam R. Shipley and Co. (Portland, Or.)
- Adam R. Shipley and Company records
- 1852-1870 (inclusive)18521870
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- B 065
- A. R. Shipley and Company was a "Wholesale and Retail Dealer in Standard and Miscellaneous Books" in Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, legal papers, and invoices.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
A. R. Shipley and Company was a "Wholesale and Retail Dealer in Standard and Miscellaneous Books" in Portland, Oregon.
Adam R. Shipley was also named postmaster of Portland in 1854.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of correspondence, legal papers, and invoices.
There is a section of correspondence from "Brother's Carlton and Porter" to "Reverend Kinglsey" written on the stationary of the Methodist Book Concern of Cincinnati.
Legal papers include mortgages and warranty deeds for lots in Portland.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Adam R. Shipley and Company records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Booksellers and bookselling--Oregon--Portland
- Personal Names :
- Shipley, Adam R.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Financial records
- Legal documents