Ter Ellingson recordings: Reigakusha concert, 1996-07-21 PDF
- Ellingson, Ter
- Ter Ellingson recordings: Reigakusha concert
- 2 videotapes : OT - 2 vcts (8mm, color); Duration: 1:39:11
- Collection Number
- Reigakusha Ensemble (Japanese musical group) concert recorded by professor Ter Ellingson at the University of Washington, Meany Theater.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ter Ellingson is Professor of Music and Adjunct Professor of Comparative Religion and South Asian Studies at the University of Washington. He holds an M.A., Religion, from the University of Chicago and a Ph.D., Anthropology/Buddhist Studies, from the University of Wisconsin. Ellingson's areas of specialization include Tibet, Nepal, Buddhist Cultures; Ritual, Symbolism, History, Notation/Transcription, Visual Media.
See https://music.washington.edu/people/ter-ellingson for more information.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded by Ter Ellingson.
For accompanying audio recording of lecture and concert see 96016.
Performers: Reigakusha Ensemble featuring: Sukeyasu Shiba/ music director, ryuteki; Satoru Yaotani/hichiriki; Mayumi Miyata/ sho; Yasunori Yamaguchi/ percussion; Yumiko Mizoiri/oboe and hichiriki.
Contents: Traditional and contemporary Gagaku performances: 1) Kangen (instrumental music); 2) Bugaku (dance); 3) Shuteiga (In an Autumn Garden--Toru Takemitsu (1930-96)/composer)
Tape #1 duration: 48:03; tape #2 duration: 51:08.
Documentation: See collection 96016 for concert program and lecture notes.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Drums (Musical instruments)
- Music, Japanese
- Ryūteki music
- Shō music
- Geographical Names :
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Shiba, Sukeyasu, 1935- (performer)
- Corporate Names :
- Meany Hall (Seattle, Wash. : 1974- ) (event place)
- Reigakusha (Musical group) (performer)