Letter to Respected Friends, August 17, 1880 PDF
- Aylsworth, Caroline L., 1855-1914
- Letter to Respected Friends
- August 17, 18801880081718800817
- 1 item
- Collection Number
- Collection 1360, MtBC, us (collection)
- Letter to Respected Friends is authored by Caroline Aylsworth written to “Respected Friends” and describes an epidemic of bowel complaints in the city of Bozeman and her desire for the recipients to send her back a copy of a receipt.
- Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Caroline Lucretia Gilbert was born in New York in 1821 and married John Harris Aylsworth on June 15, 1848. The couple had one child, Ella M. on June 2, 1855. John preceded his family in a move to Madison County, Montana Territory, in 1866. Once the family was reunited, the Aylsworths eventually moved to Gallatin County. Caroline L. Aylsworth died in Bozeman on October 28, 1914.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The letter written to “Respected Friends” by Caroline Aylsworth describes an epidemic of bowel complaints in the city of Bozeman and her desire for the recipients to send her back a copy of a receipt.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Bozeman, Mont. August 17, 188Respected friends,We answered your last letter by having no reply have lost all knowledge of your present sojourn which we regret as the acquaintance to us proved a pleasant one. We have never had an epidemic in our town till now, if this may be called one, bowel complaints are becoming frequently fatal. To my surprise find that I had no copy of the receipt I gave you in which we have so much confidence. We have very little left to send and feel very insecure, so please copy by return mail and you will greatly oblige.Mrs. C. L. Aylsworth
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Epidemics -- Montana -- Bozeman
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Montana -- Bozeman
- Geographical Names :
- Bozeman (Mont.)
- Montana -- Bozeman