ASHLANE Records, 1968-2000 PDF
- Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--President's Office
- ASHLANE Records
- 1968-2000 (inclusive)19682000
- .5 cubic feet, (1 document box, 1 set of blueprints)
- Collection Number
- ASHLANE (Adult Student Housing) Records consist of correspondence, reports, legal documents, and newspaper clippings concerning a project to provide housing for college students.
- Lane Community College Archives
4000 East 30th Avenue
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions. The collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
ASHLANE (Adult Student Housing for Lane) was a project to provide low-cost housing for Lane students. The ASHLANE committee received funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 1970 and construction of apartments in Springfield began in 1972. The apartments were occupied from 1972 until the mid-1980's.
In 1986 Lane sued the ASH, Inc. and eventually the owners of ASH, Inc. were convicted of mishandling federal loans and served sixteen month in federal prison. An out-of-court settlement was reached with ASH, Inc., and in 2000 Oregon's Attorney General presented Lane with checks totaling $2.3 million. The funds were used to proive apartments and housing stipends for Lane students.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The ASHLANE (Adult Student Housing for Lane) contains correspondence, reports, surveys, legal documents, newsletters, news clippings, and proposals concerning the efforts to provide low-cost housing for Lane students. The records were compiled from a variety of departments and arranged into logical groupings. Several news clippings dated 1992 and 2000 were added to the collection to bring the story up-to-date.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
There are no restrictions on use.
ASHLANE Records, 1968-2000 (A-017) Lane Community College Archives, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains descriptions of the materials in the collection.
ASHLANE Records, 1968-2000Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1
Adult Student Housing Proposal
Child Care Center Proposal
Drawings and Sketches of Exterior and Floor Plans
St. Vincent de Paul Housing Plans - Blueprints
Legal Documents and By-Laws
Tenant Committee Records
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Adult Student Housing for Lane (ASHLANE)
- Community colleges--Oregon
- Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Student housing
- Universities and colleges--Oregon
- Corporate Names :
- Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul