Ralph Bockmier Papers, 1917-1968 PDF
- Bockmier, Ralph
- Ralph Bockmier Papers
- 1917-1968 (inclusive)19171968
- 3 containers., (1.2 linear feet of shelf space.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 387
- Includes: Mr. Lumber, an autobiography; the Inland Empire Lumber Industry; and The inmost thoughts and conclusions of a paralytic.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ralph Bockmier was born at Palouse, Washington. He spent many years in the lumber business in Spokane. His biography is covered fully in the autobiographical material in his papers.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The papers of Ralph Bockmier consists of various drafts and versions of his autobiography. Some related correspondence is included.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 387, Ralph Bockmier Papers . Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
|1||Reminiscences. Included: Mr. Lumber, an Auto-biography; The Inland Empire Lumber Industry; and The inmost thoughts and conclusions of a paralytic.||1967|
|2 / 2-18||Notes and supplements of 1st draft of Memoirs of a Palouser.|
|2 / 19-28||PortraitphotographCrow's Digest, Feature SupplementSpokesman Review, articleNotes/sources for "Memoirs..."; Correspondence: Jeff Bockmier, "Sonny", 1967; Paul T. Bockmier, Jr. 1967; Alan F. Pater, 1967; Carlton Publishing Co., 1968; Caxton Printers, 1968; Vantage Press, 1967Letter to President Johnson, Lyndon B.||1917, 1959, 1960, 1967-1968, 1967|
|3 / 29-43||Mr. Lumber, Memoirs..., Multiple drafts: handwritten,carbons and final typed copy (pp. 299-301 missing), preceded by Table of contents (Folder 29) from final typed version (Folder 42).|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Lumber trade -- Washington (State)--History
- Paralytics -- Biography
- Personal Names :
- Bockmier, Ralph H., 1893- --Archives (creator)
- Titles within the Collection :
- Mr. Lumber, an Auto- biography
- The Inland Empire Lumber Industry
- The inmost thoughts and conclusions of a paralytic