Delta Zeta Sorority Chi Chapter Scrapbook, 1944 PDF
- Delta Zeta Sorority. Chi Chapter (Oregon State College)
- Delta Zeta Sorority Chi Chapter Scrapbook
- 1944 (inclusive)19441944
- 0.15 cubic feet, including 65 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- The Delta Zeta Sorority Chi Chapter Scrapbook consists of information provided by former members of the chapter at Oregon State College in response to an invitation to the Chapter's 25th anniversary celebration in 1944. The responses provide information about the women's activities since graduation, especially during World War II. The Chi Chapter of Delta Zeta Sorority was established in 1919 at Oregon Agricultural College.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Delta Zeta Sorority Chi Chapter Scrapbook consists of responses from alumnae members to an invitation for the Chi Chapter's 25th anniversary reunion event, Chi Rendezvous, in 1944. The responses include completed biographical forms, letters, and photographs and provide information about their activities since graduation. The photographs include images of themselves as well as their families (husbands and children); many are snapshots. The responses are arranged chronologically by graduation year.
The scrapbook has responses from alumnae who attended Oregon State from the late 1910s through early 1940s, including Mercedes Bates, Alice Edwards, and Vera Garrison. Of special note are descriptions of homefront activities during World War II and military service by several of the women during the war.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Chi Chapter of the Delta Zeta Sorority was established at Oregon State University in 1919 and celebrated the chapter's 25th anniversary in 1944. Delta Zeta was established as a college sorority in 1902 at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Delta Zeta Sorority Chi Chapter Scrapbook, Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Greek letter societies--Oregon--Corvallis.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Female.
- World War, 1939-1945--Women.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College--Alumni and alumnae--Correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Edwards, Alice L. (Alice Leora), b. 1882. (creator)
- Garrison, Vera Evelyn, 1917-1971. (creator)