Edward H. Snow papers, 1936 PDF
- Snow, Edward Hunter, 1865-1932
- Edward H. Snow papers
- 1936 (inclusive)19361936
- 1 folder, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The Edward H. Snow autobiographical sketch consists of eight-pages that was copied by James Erickson under the Writer's Project in 1936. A table of contents and a name index are provided. Included in the sketch are Snow's boyhood recollections of George A. Smith, John Taylor, and Brigham Young. He also describes the growth of the educational system in Southern Utah, particularly the creation of Dixie College.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Edward H. Snow (1865-1932) was born on 23 June 1865 in St. George, Utah, and spent most of his life in Utah's Dixie area. After graduating from Brigham Young Academy in 1885, Snow opened his own small school in Santa Clara. He was active in the Democratic Party and served in Utah's first state legislature (1896-1897). From 1901 to 1925 Snow was President of the St. George Stake.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This eight-page autobiographical sketch was copied by James Erickson under the Writer's Project in 1936. A table of contents and a name index are provided. Included in the sketch are Snow's boyhood recollections of George A. Smith, John Taylor, and Brigham Young. He also describes the growth of the educational system in Southern Utah, particularly the creation of Dixie College.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Initial Citation: Edward H. Snow papers, MS 0169, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: MS 0169.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Smith, George A.(George Albert), 1817-1875
- Taylor, John, 1808-1887
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Corporate Names :
- Dixie College (Saint George, Utah)--History
- Geographical Names :
- Saint George (Utah)