Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd journal, 1852 PDF
- Rudd, Lydia A. (Lydia Allen)
- Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd journal
- 0.1 linear feet, (2 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 107
- Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd traveled overland from Missouri to Oregon in 1852; Notes by the Wayside En Route to Oregon is her journal from May 6, 1852-October 27, 1852.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd was a pioneer who traveled overland from Missouri to Oregon in 1852.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd journal of her overland journey to Oregon, entitled Notes by the Wayside En Route to Oregon, which is dated May 6, 1852-October 27, 1852.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Available in microfilm as part of: Women's lives. Series 3, American women missionaries and pioneers collection (MICROFILM BV3703 .W66 2006, reel 92); Primary Source Microfilm, 12 Lunar Dr., Woodbridge, Conn. 06525.
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd journal, A 107, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
journalReturn to Top
By the Wayside En Route to Oregon
|May 6, 1852-October 27, 1852|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Frontier and pioneer life--Oregon National Historic Trail
- Oregon National Historic Trail
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Women pioneers--Oregon National Historic Trail--Diaries
- Personal Names :
- Rudd, Lydia A. (Lydia Allen)--Diaries
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Overland journals