Mildred B. Wohlford Papers, 1931-1984 PDF
- Wohlford, Mildred B.
- Mildred B. Wohlford Papers
- 1931-1984 (inclusive)19311984
- 2 containers., (1.5 linear feet of shelf space.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 571
- Awards, diplomas, certificates and a scrapbook of correspondence, news clippings and photographs.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Dr. Mildred B. Wohlford was born in Omaha, Neb., in 1901. She received her Bachelors Degree in 1926 from the University of Nebraska. and her Masters Degree from the same university in 1934. Her doctorate was awarded by New York University in 1944. She joined the faculty at Washington State College in 1942 as a modern dance instructor. When she arrived in Pullman in 1943 substitutes were teaching modern dance. Many other instructors had left to join the armed forces and she simply took over their work in addition to teaching dance. From 1961-1962 she was acting chair of women's physical education.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Awards, diplomas, certificates and a scrapbook of correspondence, news clippings and photographs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 571, Mildred B. Wohlford Papers. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
|1||1||"Certain Traits of High School Girls Classified According to Individual Patterns of Participation in Physical Education Activities," by Mildred Wohlford 1944; also, various awards, diplomas, and certificates||1931-1984.|
|2||1||Scrapbook, which includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and other papers||1966.|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Physical education and training--Washington (State)--Study and teaching
- Personal Names :
- Wohlford, Mildred--Archives (creator)