U.S. Pacific Railroad Exploration and Survey Lithographs, 1857 PDF
- Kentta, Robert
- U.S. Pacific Railroad Exploration and Survey Lithographs
- 1857 (inclusive)18571857
- 0.04 cubic feet, including 6 lithographs
- Collection Number
- OrSlTCC Railroad
- The collection contains lithographs for Volume VI of the U.S. Pacific Railroad Survey Reports.
- Confederated Tribes of the Siletz, Tribal Cultural Collections
402 Park Way P.O. Box 549
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Collection materials are in English.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant rewarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains lithographs for Volume VI of the U.S. Pacific Railroad Survey Reports. The lithographs were created by John J. Young. Lieutenant R.S. Williamson led the Williamson-Abbott Survey to explore possible railroad routes from California to Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
U.S. Pacific Railroad Exploration and Survey Lithographs, Siletz Tribal Cultural Collections, Siletz, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Plate I: Lassens Butte from vicinity of camp|
|Plate II: Mouth of Fall River near camp|
|Plate VII: Diamond Peak and Ravine of middle fork of Willamette River from camp|
|Plate VIII: Canyon of Psuc-see-quee Creek near camp|
|Plate IX: Mount Hood from Tysch Prairie|
|Plate XII: Shasta Butte and Shasta Valley from a point near camp|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Expeditions and surveys--California--1850-1860
- Expeditions and surveys--Oregon--1850-1860
- Railroad surveys--California
- Railroad surveys--Oregon
- Personal Names :
- Young, John J.
- Corporate Names :
- U.S. Pacific Railroad
- Geographical Names :
- Diamond Peak (Or.)
- Fall River (Or.)
- Lassens Butte (Or.)
- Mount Hood (Or.)
- Shasta Valley (Calif.)
- Form or Genre Terms :