Randall Johnson WSU Cougar Logo Weaving Pattern, 1994 PDF
- Johnson, Randall
- Randall Johnson WSU Cougar Logo Weaving Pattern
- 1994 (inclusive)19941994
- 0.1 Linear feet of shelf space, (1 Folder)
- Collection Number
- Cage 5125 (collection)
- Weaving pattern, photographs, and correspondence for the WSU cougar head logo, created by Randall Johnson, the original designer of the logo.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Randall Johnson, 1915-2007, designed the original WSC cougar head logo in July of 1936 while a summer student employee at Washington State College. When WSC became Washington State University in 1959, Johnson proposed a logo redesign which was accepted with only one very slight change.
Johnson graduated from WSC in Fine Arts in 1938, and went on to become art director at the Washington Water Power Co. He retired in 1975, and spent the remainder of his life in the Spokane area. He sold his iconic cougar head logo design to WSU for one dollar in 1959.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
A photocopied two-page weaving pattern for the WSU cougar head logo, plus two photographs of the finished design, as well as one page of correspondence about it.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Copyright restrictions apply.
Randall Johnson WSU Cougar Logo Weaving Pattern, 1994 (Cage 5125)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Branding (Marketing)
- Weaving -- Patterns
- Personal Names :
- Johnson, Randall
- Corporate Names :
- State College of Washington
- Washington State University