Don Gordon papers, 1950-1994 PDF
- Gordon, Don, 1931-2016
- Don Gordon papers
- 1950-1994 (inclusive)19501994
- 1 vertical file
- Collection Number
- 2295 (Accession No. 2295-003)
- Ephemera, clippings, letter and published interview of a Pacific Northwest mountaineer
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Don Gordon (1931-2016) was born Donald Gordon Claunch. He graduated from Roosevelt High School in Seattle, Washington in 1949 and joined the Seattle Mountaineers. Climbing quickly became his passion. He achieved the first ascent of Robson’s Wishbone Arête in 1955. Along with his fellow climbers, Gordon pioneered many routes in the Cascades.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Ephemera, clippings, published interview with mountain climber Don Gordon about his climbs in the Cascade Mountains. Also includes a letter (1955) to Cam Beckwith recounting his 1955 ascent of Mt. Robson via the Wishbone Glacier, a background note (1982) and notice (1994).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mountaineers--Northwest, Pacific
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Gordon, Don, 1931-2016--Archives
- Gordon, Don, 1931-2016--Interviews
- Geographical Names :
- Cascade range
- Robson, Mount (B.C.)
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- North Cascades History Project (creator)