William C. Seifrit papers, 1848-1987 PDF
- Seifrit, William C.
- William C. Seifrit papers
- 1848-1987 (inclusive)18481987
- 12.25 linear feet
- Collection Number
- The William C. Seifrit papers (1848-1987) consist of research notes and writings by Seifrit. The bulk of the collection concerns the history of Utah, especially art and photographic history, documented by Seifrit on notecards and in notebooks. Information was taken mainly from early nineteenth century newspapers and magazines. Writings by Seifrit focus on Charles Henry Wilcken (1830-1915), a German deserter from Johnston's Army and friend of George Q. Cannon and Wilford Woodruff, as well as Wilcken's family.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Initial Citation: William C. Seifrit papers, ACCN 0735, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott Library. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: ACCN 0735.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Charles W. Penrose Materials|
|1||2||History of Charles Henry Wilcken|
|1||3||History of Caroline Christine Eliza Reiche Wilcken|
|1||4||"Charles Henry Wilcken: An Undervalued Saint"|
|1||5||Charles Henry Wilcken Research|
|1||8||Sources and Notes|
|1||9||Charles Henry Wilcken Miscellaneous|
|1||10||"Stories from the Life of Charles Henry Wilcken" and "History of Caroline Wilcken"|
|1||11||Journal and Millennial Star Copies|
|3||Research, Notes, and Quotes||1848-1880|
|4||Research, Notes, and Quotes||1881-1885|
|5||Research, Notes, and Quotes||1886-1891|
|6||Research, Notes, and Quotes||1892-1896|
|7||Research, Notes, and Quotes||1897-1900|
|13||Notebooks and Miscellaneous||1900|
|14||Notecards, Academy-J. W. Clawson|
|15||Notecards, Willard Clawson-Easel|
|16||Notecards, B. H. Eastmond-E. V. Hansen|
|17||Notecards, Evelyn Harding-Alfred Lambourne|
|18||Notecards, Alfred Lambourne-George M. Ottinger|
|19||Notecards, George M. Ottinger-C. W. Symons|
|21||Notecards, Charles Roscoe Savage|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Frontier and pioneer life--Utah
- Mormon Church--Apostles--Diaries
- Mormon Church--History--19th century
- Mormon pioneers--Emigration
- Utah Expedition, 1857-1858
- Personal Names :
- Penrose, Charles W. (Charles William), 1832-1925--Diaries
- Wilcken, Caroline Christina Eliza
- Wilcken, Charles Henry
- Geographical Names :
- Form or Genre Terms :