Harry R. Hatate Papers, 1943-1952 PDF
- Hatate, Harry R
- Harry R. Hatate Papers
- 1943-1952 (inclusive)19431952
- .21 cubic ft.
- Collection Number
- 4513 (Accession No. 4513-001)
- A maintenance supervisor at the Minidoka Relocation Center during World War II.
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was partially provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Harry Hatate was a Japanese American incarcerated at the Minidoka Relocation Center during World War II. He was Maintenance Supervisor at Minidoka and chaired a committee to distribute special food from Japan to Japanese nationals in the camp in 1944.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The papers document complaints of Issei residents at the Center and a meeting with the National War Relocation Authority Director, Dillon Myer. Also included are minutes and correspondence concerning a labor dispute of maintenance workers in late 1943 and early 1944.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Literary rights retained by the donor; no direct quotations are allowed.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Personal PapersReturn to Top
Organizational Features- Minidoka Consumers' Cooperative
General Correspondence- re. Minidoka Maintenance Workers
Minutes - Minidoka Maintenance Workers
Minidoka Center Residents' Report to the Spanish Consul
Evacuees Meeting with War Relocation Authority National Director
Directive - "When You Leave the Relocation Center"
Food Distribution Committee, Minidoka, 1944Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/7
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Concentration camp inmates--Idaho--Hunt
- Concentration camps--Idaho--Hunt
- Concentration camps--Idaho--Hunt--Food service
- Consumer cooperatives--Idaho--Hunt
- Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945
- Labor disputes--Idaho--Hunt
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Idaho--Hunt
- World War, 1939-1945--Japanese Americans
- Personal Names :
- Hatate, Harry R.--Archives
- Myer, Dillon S. (Dillon Seymour), 1891-
- Corporate Names :
- Minidoka Relocation Center
- United States. War Relocation Authority