Pedro Bacán concert recordings, 1983-04-06 PDF
- Yonge, Allen, 1940-2009
- Pedro Bacán concert recordings
- 6 items : EC - 3 reels (7 1/2 ips, 1/2 tr. stereo, 7"); CD - 3 CDs (stereo, digital); Duration: 1:36:25
- Collection Number
- Flamenco performance recorded at the Nippon Kan Theater in Seattle, 4/6/83.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Allen Yonge was a Seattle-based sound engineer who specialized in flamenco music and performances. He recorded and collected recordings of flamenco performances both locally and abroad in the 1960's and 1970's. During this time, he also produced and narrated a weekly radio show for the non-commercial radio station KRAB-FM in Seattle.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded by Allen Yonge; date of concert needs to be clarified (flyer dated "Sun. Jan. 29"; original archive sheet lists concert date as 4/6/83).
Durations: EC reels - 42:49, 37:33, 14:59 (total = 1:35:01); WD compact discs - 42:57, 38:02, 15:26 (total = 1:36:25)
Compact disc copies produced from EC reels 12/99.
The concert program identifies the following 8 forms (but the order in which they were performed needs to be clarified): Soleares, Tientos, Rondenas, Bulerias, Tarantas, Alegrias, Siguiriyas, and Guajiras. All pieces were composed by Pedro Bacan.
Documentation: Concert flyer, program
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Flamenco musicians
- Guitar music (Flamenco)
- Sound recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- Europe--Europe--General Europe
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Bacán, Pedro, 1951-1997 (performer)