Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood papers, 1951-1964 PDF
- Friermood, Elisabeth Hamilton
- Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood papers
- 1951-1964 (inclusive)19511964
- 1.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 453
- Elizabeth Friermood (1903-1992) was an author and public librarian in Indiana and Ohio. Friermood was educated at Northwestern University, and the University of Wisconsin. The collection includes original manuscripts and related material as well as correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Elizabeth Friermood (1903-1992) was an author and public librarian in Indiana and Ohio. Friermood was educated at Northwestern University, and the University of Wisconsin. She married Harold T. Friermood, in 1928 and they had a daughter, Libby.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection comprises manuscripts for nine works of young adult fiction by American author Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood Papers, Ax 453, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Ballad of Calamity Creek||1962|
|1||2||Ballad of Calamity Creek||1962|
|1||3||Ballad of Calamity Creek||1962|
|1||4||Candle In the Sun||1955|
|1||5||Candle In the Sun||1955|
|1||6||Candle In the Sun||1955|
|1||9||High High, Ellen Brody||1958|
|1||12||That Jones Girl||1956|
|1||13||That Jones Girl||1956|
|1||14||The Wabash Knows the Secret||1951|
|1||15||The Wabash Knows the Secret||1951|
|1||16||The Wabash Knows the Secret||1951|
|1||19||The Wild Donahues||1963|
|1||20||The Wild Donahues||1963|
|1||21||The Wild Donahues||1963|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Young adult literature, American--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Friermood, Elisabeth Hamilton