Harold Hanne Elarth Papers, 1902-1951 PDF
- Elarth, Harold Hanne, 1885-
- Harold Hanne Elarth Papers
- 1902-1951 (inclusive)19021951
- 4.5 linear feet, (3 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 286
- Harold Hanne Elarth (b. 1885) was a U. S. Army officer who served in the Philippine Constabulary and rose to the rank of Lt. Col. The collection contains research for Elarth's book on the Philippine Constabulary, Philippine Constabulary Officers Association history, a diary, letterpress copybooks, a Philippine Constabulary manual, photographs, and correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Harold Hanne Elarth (b. 1885) was born in Nebraska. and who became a U.S. Army officer who rose to the rank of Lieutenant colonel. His major service was in the Philippine insurrection and with the Philippine Constabulary.
Elarth wrote a book focusing on his and others memories of the Constabulary titled, "The Story of the Philippine Constabulary," published in 1949.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains research for Elarth's book on the Philippine Constabulary, Philippine Constabulary Officers Association history, a diary, letterpress copybooks, a Philippine Constabulary manual, photographs, and correspondence.
Research material for the book, The Story of the Philippine Constabulary includes an official roster and checklists, correspondence, official military biographies, research notes, and a copy of the book. Correspondence includes over 200 letters from Constabulary officers (1943-1950). The officers wrote accounts of their service in the Constabulary. Also included are over sixty letters from Elarth to Constabulary officers.
Philippine Constabulary Officers Association history material consists of a constitution and copies of the Association Bulletin (1950-1966).
Elarth's personal material includes one diary (1910-1915), letterpress copybooks consisting of outgoing letters (1902-1904) and letters received (1902-1904). Also included here is a Philippine Constabulary manual (1915).
The collection also contains photographs and they document Elarth's time spent in the Philippines and in the Constabulary, 1904-1917.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Identification of item], Harold Hanne Elarth papers, Ax 286, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1.5 linear feet
3.0 linear feet
Elarth, Harold Hanne, 1885-
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Soldiers--United States--Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Elarth, Harold Hanne, 1885-
- Elarth, Harold Hanne, 1885---Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Philippine Constabulary.
- Geographical Names :
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Letterpress copybooks
- Research notes