Homer V. Bradshaw report, 1955 PDF
- Bradshaw, Homer V.
- Homer V. Bradshaw report
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- A 204
- Homer V. Bradshaw was a missionary doctor in China who authored a report about the seizure of the Prebysterian missionaries at the American Presbyterian Mission at Linhsien, Kwangtung Province, China, between 1949-1954. The collection contains his report titled, "Behind bars, behind the Bamboo Curtain."
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
According to the prefatory statement from the report, tit is "a detailed, factual account, with some personal impressions, of the events relative to the seizure of the Prebysterian missionaries at the American Presbyterian Mission at Linhsien, Kwangtung Province, China.”
The events described took place between 1949 and 1954. The document was originally a report by Bradshaw to the Presbyterian Board of Foreign Missions.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Homer V. Bradshaw report, A 204, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Missionaries, Medical--China
- Personal Names :
- Bradshaw, Homer V.
- Geographical Names :
- China--Politics and government--1949-
- Form or Genre Terms :