Earl Kilpatrick papers, 1914-1926 PDF
- Portland School of Social WorkKilpatrick, Earl, 1899-1927
- Earl Kilpatrick papers
- 1914-1926 (inclusive)19141926
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- UA 189
- Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would later become the director of the University of Oregon's Extension Division.
After graduation Kilpatrick worked as a teacher, became principal of Oakland Schools in Oakland, Oregon, and principal of Salem High School. He also worked for the Red Cross, becoming director of Pueblo, Colorado relief in the early 1920s.
He became head of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red Cross at St. Louis, Missouri.
He died in an airplane accident on May 30, 1927. He was thirty-eight years old.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, manuscript fragments, printed matter and university publications, photographs, and mementos.
There are bound diaries and loose diary pages, all handwritten in clear handwriting. One bound diary contains very descriptive and reflective notes and minutes of University of Oregon meetings.
Scrapbooks contain mostly clippings about news and issues regarding his work as a teacher and principal in Oregon schools, his work with the Red Cross, and the extension school at the University of Oregon. There are a small amount of mementos in the scrapbooks and contains in a folder of loose scrapbook pages and other miscellaneous papers.
There is also an extension service bulletin from 1914, an article Kilpatrick wrote about consolidation of Oregon schools (1922), and announcements (catalogues) of the University of Oregon School of Social Work (1924-1926).
The collection includes an employment list and timeline for Kilpatrick.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Earl Kilpatrick papers, UA 189, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Adult education teachers--Oregon--Eugene
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Education--Oregon--History--20th century
- School principals--Oregon
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Personal Names :
- Kilpatrick, Earl, 1899-1927
- Kilpatrick, Earl, 1899-1927--Diaries
- Corporate Names :
- American National Red Cross
- Portland School of Social Work--Curricula--Catalogs
- University of Oregon. Extension Division--Faculty
- University of Oregon--History--20th century
- Form or Genre Terms :