Edgar Parin D'Aulaire lithographs and illustrations, 1952; 1976 PDF
- D'Aulaire, Edgar Parin, 1898-
- Edgar Parin D'Aulaire lithographs and illustrations
- 1952; 1976 (inclusive)19521976
- 4.0 linear feet, (2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 443
- Edgar Parrin D'Aulaire (1898 - 1986), a native of Switzerland, wrote and illustrated children's books, with his wife, Ingri Mortenson d'Aulaire. The collection contains lithographs, colored drawings, and black and white printed pages for two children's books.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Edgar Parrin D'Aulaire (1898 - 1986) was born in Switzerland, and studied at the Art Academy, and the Hoffman School in Munich. He also studied in Paris and Florence. He came to the United States in 1929.
He wrote and illustrated children's books, with his wife, Ingri Mortenson d'Aulaire.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains lithographs for the book Buffalo Bill, published by Doubleday in 1952.
Also includes an addendum of June 1976, that contains rolled drawings for the book, The Terrible Troll-Bird, which was published by Doubleday in 1972. Drawings consist of oversize black and white printed pages, and colored drawings for the book and dust jacket.
The dates of the collection correspond to the dates of publication; it is not known when the drawings were created.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Edgar Parrin D'Aulaire lithographs and illustrations, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Children's literature
- Children's literature--Authorship
- Children's literature--Illustrations
- Personal Names :
- D'Aulaire, Edgar Parin, 1898-
- Form or Genre Terms :